Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Emerging from the darkness

I am still here. I am still going.

I'll be honest though, I have not been in a good place for a few months. I feel better now.

There was plenty of stuff going on, lots of it happy and good, but I just couldn't bring myself to enjoy it.

People's lives continue to move forward. Weddings, engagements, babies, houses, pets, relocations. I know, I know, it's totally unrealistic and unfair, but I only saw myself moving backwards. But I didn't want to talk about it. I knew people with a much stronger pain, and I would feel like a wimp if I complained about my considerably more minor pain.

I felt I didn't have anything worth saying, so I said nothing.

I do feel better. Perhaps I'm not moving forwards, but I'm not moving backwards either. I shouldn't compare myself to others. But you can tell yourself that all you like... believing it is another thing altogether.

Source

We're 35 days in, but I'm ready to say HELLO 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Well I am very glad to see you back! I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of months. I fall into the comparison trap ALL.THE.TIME. It is very frustrating and very difficult to not compare our lives to others. I think the one thing that helps me is to realize that no one puts everything online, meaning, we only showcase the good things that happen. Social media, blogs, etc...those are the highlight reels. Also, your struggles are not lesser just because someone else seems to have a bigger problem. Our lives are relative, you know? If you are going through X and Sally is going through Y, it doesn't make either of your problems better or worse. This is your space and I hope you know that no matter what, I'm always here to listen and give you support. We are going on what, 15 years knowing each other? That's a long time, lady! One of these days one of us needs to cross the pond so we can meet :) Kisses to that sweet kitty of yours, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, such sweet words. Your online support means a lot!

      Delete