Monday, 12 August 2013

My First Expedit

I can tick something off my August Goals list!

Remember my "book nook"?


The problem I had is that the wall where my book nook is is an awkward wall. Most bookcases are about 90cm wide, and this wall is also 90cm, but with a radiator on the neighbouring wall, which limits the bookcase space to about 80cm. Do you know how hard it is to find a bookcase for less than 90cm? It was no red pouffe search, but it was tough enough. Most of the smaller bookcases were way too narrow (so they would've looked silly, with loads of wasted space - not good in a small house) or they were about a gazillion pounds. Actual amount.

After much consideration I made my choice. I managed to persuade Vati to go on a trip to the happiest place in the world - Disney Ikea! His car is bigger than mine and it's less than a 45 minute drive, so it only took a couple of hours altogether. I bought an Expedit.



Luckily this Expedit is 75cm wide - a perfect fit! And good for the budget too. It makes me so happy to have my books neatly organised and not on the floor. I still have a few more books at Mutti and Vati's house to add to the collection. And I feel the need to accessorise. And store something on top. Overall, I'm very pleased. The room feels more homely and it balances out the sofa on the other side of the door.

(Vati was almost sick when I selected the flowery storage box - I love it!)

I must say I am enjoying my time off work immensely - I feel like I have accomplished so much already! Happy summer everybody! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think the room looks complete now - more homey. I love the floral print too!

    ReplyDelete