Thursday, 29 August 2013

How Time Flies

Only a few days left until I have to go back to work... *sob sob*

I have spent the past few days in Wales, which is like, a totally different country. I was visiting my BFF from university. And would you believe it, the weather was amazing! I had such a lovely time. It was really my only holiday this year, so we made sure to make the most of it. We went shopping in tiny boutiques and craft fairs, went to the beach, went for a walk, ate more cakes than you've ever laid eyes on, and... tried on dresses. For my BFF, it was a chance for her to show me the wedding dress she's chosen, and for me, it was a chance to try on a potential bridesmaid dress. It was worth the five hour journey. Each way.

Here are a few photos of what I bought (keeping within budget too). Only phone photos as I cannot be bothered to get the camera out.

Bug box for the garden

Small wooden tray. Not sure what to use it for or where to put it but very cute.

Small wooden owl box. Again, not sure how/where to use it but couldn't resist.

Wooden table, painted and stenciled and only £20! I had been looking for a small table to go next to a sofa.

I also received this awesome hamper as a late birthday present, with different types of tea, hot chocolate, slate coasters, truffles, Welsh jam, Welshcakes and Bara Brith (another traditional Welsh type of cake). Yum yum yum.


I was quite sad to leave. But I had a lot of episodes of Downton Abbey on my Tivo box to look forward to. Now I must go and enjoy my last few days of freedom from work. Toodles!


2 comments:

  1. Oh! Downton Abbey! Don't reveal any details, I still have to wait a few months to watch it here in the States!

    I love that box with the owls on it, great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come baaaack!

    I love that table. Cutest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete