So I thought I'd make a list of all the things I've discovered/rediscovered/never really appreciated:
- Plants will literally wilt overnight if you don't water them
- Plants will come back to life if you do water them
- One person still makes a lot of mess
- Mowing the lawn is exhausting
- Grass grows too fast
- Weeds grow too fast
- Windows don't stay clean
- Food shopping takes a lot longer than you anticipate
- It is hard to summon the energy required to empty the bins
- After a long day at work, the last thing you want to do is clean, BUT YOU MUST
- Washing up is a continuous cycle
- There is no one else to make tea :-(
- Having a lump of cheese is not a suitable breakfast
- Dust will cling to every surface
- WHY IS THERE SO MUCH DUST?!?!
- I need a place to store receipts
In other news, I'm really tired, but, school is out for summer! Hooray! Farewell children, see you in September! I went and stayed with some friends this weekend and spent some money... I bought these really cute little owl salt and pepper shakers. I don't actually have any salt or pepper, but at least now I have the shakers.
I'm off to go and water the plants, put the bins out and mow the lawn. Oh, and my fence has fallen down so I need to find a way to prop it up. I feel an ingenious idea brewing...